Choosing the right ladder can help prevent injuries. Here are a couple things to consider when choosing a ladder.
- Where will the ladder be used? Indoors or outdoors or both?
- What applications or type of work will the ladder be used for?
- Do you need the ladder to be used around electrical or power lines?
- What load would you have on the ladder? (Weight of the person using the ladder, weight of the tools & materials)
- What obstacles might be in the way?
- Would you want to use the ladder only for one height or multiple heights?
- What is the maximum height you need to reach?
- Would you need a self-supporting ladder or an extension ladder?
For more tips for choosing the right ladder, check out this article.